- I learned proper lip sync techniques which are: learning the lyrics, and actually singing so it looks convincing.
- I was forced to be in front of and perform to the camera so it forced me to be confident, which is something that I needed work on at the beginning of this project.
- While editing the video, I learned how to use performance beds to sync the audio and the video, which was a useful skill to use for the final video to save time.
Task 2: Learn and practice your performance
- We all took part in a performance workshop before rehearsals to get in to role and practice looking confident, which included playing drama games and practicing lipsynching.
- During the rehearsal, we practiced poses, actions and general confidence while performing to the camera, which greatly benefited my performance on the actual day.
Task 3: Help to plan and organise your costume
- I realised how easy it is to adapt the costumes while trying to keep them true to the characters in the original video, and I thought that the looks of most of the characters matched really well.
|The girl band in the original video|
|The girls band in our remake|
- I also learned how important it is to sort out costumes well in advance, especially if relying on other people, as it can be stressful if you are still chasing people up at the last minute.
Task 4: The Shoot
- Throughout the project, but on the shoot day in particular, I built up my confidence in performing and was able to perform as best I could by being directed and encouraged by the crew.
|Tasha helping us to perform well|
- On the shoot day I spent some time up in the lighting gallery learning how the lighting is set up and changed, which was not only interesting, but also a skill which I can use when we make our own music videos next term.
Task 5: The Edit
- I also built on my teamwork skills as I was working in a three to start with, and later in a pair, so we had to delegate editing time equally and make decisions together.
- I think my grading improved during this task as I got used to what each of the settings did, and my judgement of what looked good definitely also improved.
- I learned how to create the flashes on the photography shots using contrast and brightness at key frames, which is shown in the gif below: