Welcome to my A2 media coursework blog. My name is Maisie MacGregor (candidate number 0506), and I will be working in group 4 with Molly Sullivan (candidate number 0816), Ellie Brackpool (candidate number 0100), and Mari Leach (candidate number 0440).

To the right of my blog are labels for my A2 Preliminary task, A2 Research and Planning, A2 Construction and A2 Evaluation, and an archive of each individual post. There is also a live link to the Latymer Media Music Video Blog.

Click here to access Group 4's faceboook page.

Thank you for taking the time to look at my blog.

Music Video

Our Music Video

Digipak Front and Back Cover

Digipak Front and Back Cover
Our digipak front and back cover

Digipak Inside Cover

Digipak Inside Cover
Our digipak inside cover

Click on the image to open our website in a new tab

Click on the image to open our website in a new tab

Sunday, 23 November 2014

Shoot 16/11/14

This shoot was our only weekend slot, and so to make the most of it we arrived at 7:30 to put the set together and position the lights. We had all three actors available for this shoot so we decided to film wide shots of the performance scene. Since it was our third time setting up for this scene, it didn't take too much time and we were fully prepared for Georgie, Eugene and Gavin when they arrived at 8:30.

Using the GlideCam
As we had already filmed some shots for this scene, all of our actors got into role fairly quickly and didn't need too much time to practice their performances, meaning that the shoot ran smoothly. We filmed an extreme wide shot, wide shot and mid-long shot. For the mid-long shot we had to cheat a little bit and push the DJs' desks closer together to fit them in the frame while keeping it a nicely framed shot. We were really happy with the chemistry our actors had on screen, as they looked very convincing as an artist.

Once we had filmed these static shots, we had another go at using the GlideCam. This time it was even more tricky to use as when filming Georgie it often swung around to reveal the rest of the studio rather than the set. Despite this, I think there are some clips from the footage which we can use.

We had learnt from previous shoots how to manage our time well, and so when it came to this shoot we had time left over to take some promo shots and start making props.
We took over a hundred shots to pick the best ones from later. Here is one of the edited shots from the day:

One of the promo shots from this shoot

While the promo shots were being taken we were also blowing up balloons and making the balloon mushroom prop for the balloon scene which we planned to shoot the next day, to save time. 

Chris and I making part of the mushroom out of balloons and clear wire
Overall, I think this shoot was productive and successful as we got everything we planned to do done. The promo shots were good practice for the next slots we have allocated for these, as we will be more restricted by time and so knowing what we're doing will save time. They were also a good opportunity for the actors to bond, making it easier for them to look comfortable and convincing around each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment