Welcome to my A2 media coursework blog. My name is Maisie MacGregor (candidate number 0506), and I will be working in group 4 with Molly Sullivan (candidate number 0816), Ellie Brackpool (candidate number 0100), and Mari Leach (candidate number 0440).

To the right of my blog are labels for my A2 Preliminary task, A2 Research and Planning, A2 Construction and A2 Evaluation, and an archive of each individual post. There is also a live link to the Latymer Media Music Video Blog.

Click here to access Group 4's faceboook page.

Thank you for taking the time to look at my blog.

Music Video

Our Music Video

Digipak Front and Back Cover

Digipak Front and Back Cover
Our digipak front and back cover

Digipak Inside Cover

Digipak Inside Cover
Our digipak inside cover

Click on the image to open our website in a new tab

Click on the image to open our website in a new tab

Thursday, 20 November 2014

First shoot 6/11/14

On our first shoot, we shot the 'white scenes' - the opening narrative scenes of our video. We decided to shoot these because we felt that these scenes were the most likely to need a re-shoot, and also the easiest to re-shoot, so planning them early on in our schedule was sensible.

Mari and Ellie filming a close up
Ellie and I had free periods before so we got there early to set up the lights and the table so that we would be ready to start as soon as Georgie arrived. When she and the other group members arrived, we made sure we were happy with her costume, hair and make-up, which she had done herself to save time. Then we went through the shoot schedule to make sure everyone, particularly Georgie, was clear on which shots we were taking and what they would consist of. Before we filmed each shot, we gave Georgie a chance to practice without the camera rolling, partly for her to feel more confident, and partly for us to be able to give feedback and direction.
Ellie, Mari and Georgie
Considering it was our first shoot, I feel that it went smoothly. We worked efficiently and managed to get all the shots we planned in the time we were allocated. However, we hadn't realised how long it would take to set up the lights in the right positions. Fortunately on this shoot we had allowed ourselves more time than we thought was needed, but for our next shoots we will need to start setting up earlier than we previously planned. Overall, I think the shoot was a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment